- Active Data Collection. Like many other web sites, we actively collect information from our visitors both by asking specific questions on the Site and by permitting you to communicate directly with us via e-mail. Some of the information that you submit may be personally identifiable (that is, information that can be uniquely identified with you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, etc.). We use this information to send you further information regarding WHCC.
- Cookies. We use session cookies when you use the search engine. These are transient cookies which are deleted when you close your browser (i.e. we do not retain this data once you close your internet browser).
A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your computer's hard disk or on a website server. Such cookies do not retrieve information about you stored on your hard drive and do not corrupt or damage your computer or computer files. You are not obliged to accept a cookie that we send to you, and you can in fact modify your browser so that it will not accept cookies. If you do decide to disable cookies you may not be able to access all areas of the Site. For more information about cookies including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Use of Information. WHCC uses your personal information to enhance the operation of the site, allow you to use all of its features and respond to your requests for information. WHCC may contact you about new features or services in which it believes you may be interested.
We may disclose any information we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- Log Files. We may use IP addresses to analyze usage, administer our Site, and gather demographic information for aggregate use.
- Third Parties. We may retain other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include data analysis firms and web hosting companies. Such third parties may be provided with the information described above. Some aspects of the Site include the opportunity for third party and user comments and interaction (“User Content”). WHCC is not responsible for any User Content whatsoever, posted by Registrants, Non-Profits, or third parties whomsoever.
- Choices You Have About How WHCC Uses Your Information. We strive to provide you with as many choices and as much control as possible regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
You may send us an e-mail message at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us, or to opt out of receiving marketing messages from WHCC.
- How WHCC Protects Your Information. We work hard to protect your personal information. We use both technical and procedural methods to maintain the integrity and security of our databases, including firewalls.
- What WHCC Does About Children Visiting The Site. The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect information from Site visitors in this age group. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose online.
- Comments. We have taken great measures to ensure that your visit to the Site is a satisfying one and that your privacy is constantly respected. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.